The Legendary CPS Xmas Quiz
The wait is almost over – the legendary CPS Christmas Quiz is back this year on Friday 6th December 2019. Those of you who’ve taken part before know that this is not to be missed! As usual there will be copious quantities of sausage rolls (& vegetarian equivalents), mince pies, crisps, cheese and crackers plus wine, beer and maybe even a little mulled wine (& non-alco equivalents). As ever, there will be prizes for the top 3 teams and for the best team name.
The quiz will start at 6:30pm (arrive from 6:15pm) in the Nyholm Room on Friday 6th December. There will be teams of up to 6 people (4 minimum). Registration is 30 per team (£5 each for a team of 6 people). Entry is strictly for CPS members only (we will be checking). Any additional members (ie more than 6 people) to your team will result in a point deduction and the price will increase accordingly Please email us directly if you wish to do this, in addition to submitting your team online (The website will only allow you to submit 6 members). If any of your teammates are not CPS members they will need to pay their membership fee (£7.50 for their whole under/post grad).
You will be able to register your team online on Monday 25th November between 9-4pm on this page of our website. The final teams will then be chosen at random by ballot and be informed by email if successful later that day. The team captain is then required to pay their team’s entry free of £30 on Wednesday 27th November between 11:00-13:00 in the Nyholm Room. Reserve teams will be offered the places of any teams who fail to complete registration.
So, you should….
- Grab some friends, colleagues, pets, pot plant etc.
- Nominate a captain (best not the pot plant)
- Come up with an original, brilliant, pun-derful team name (prize for best team name!)
- Get your team captain to register your team online, on this webpage, between 9-4pm on Monday 25th November
- Pray you get chosen in the ballot
- Get an email conformation on the afternoon of Monday 25th November confirming your place at the Quiz
- Get your team captain to pay your team’s fee of £30, plus any membership fees of any non-members, on Wednesday 27 November between 11:00-13:00 in the Nyholm Room
- Bask in the glorifying knowledge that you will not be missing this year’s CPS Christmas Quiz!
We will also be having a pre-quiz challenge that will be sent to quiz teams a week or so before the quiz. The pre-quiz challenge will also be online so that everyone in the department can have a go, even if they are not attending the quiz!
So get organising your team and swatting up on your trivia – the countdown begins… now!
Register your Team
Complete the cryptic crossword for bonus points, email your answers to email@example.com